Varasgaon is a dam on the Mose river which supplies water to city of Pune. It is also called Veer Baaji Pasalkar Dam. On this scenic route we will experience a good endurance ride with mountains on one side and Varasgaon backwaters on the other. It is a perfect getaway from the city crowds with absolutely no traffic on the route. some part of the route is a gravel patch which makes it a perfect trail.
Dates : 6 & 7 March, 2021
Distance : 120 km ~ rolling terrain
Duration : 2 days, 1 night
Difficulty : Moderate
Reporting at : Rajaram bridge- 7:00 am
Things to Carry :
- Sports shoes while cycling, sandals while stay
- 1 lit water bottle, extra pair of clothes,
- 3/4th or cycling shorts or track bottoms, cycling dry fit or cotton t-shirt, riding gloves(optional), sweat band or bandana, Anti-rash cream or dusting powder to avoid a rash near the groin area from cycling
- Cap and sunscreen lotion, camera(optional), sunglasses.
- Front and rear lights (not mandatory as we will ride in daylight)
Schedule of the Trail:
- Reporting at Rajaram bridge by 7.00 a.m sharp.
- 7:00 – 7:15 A.M:- Bicycle Distribution, briefing of the trail and gear shifting info.
- 8.30 AM : Breakfast at Khadakwasla dam
- 1.30 PM : Reach campsite
- 1.30 – 2.30 pm : Lunch
- 2.30 pm : Fun at campsite, enjoy swimming in the backwaters
- 8.00 pm : Dinner
- 9.00 pm : Pitching tents
- Early morning breakfast at 6.30 am.
- Start ride at 7 am
- Brunch near Panshet. Reach Rajaram bridge by 12.30 pm.
- A support vehicle all along the route, which would take care of your luggage, Rider to lead all cyclists
- Stay at Varasgaon. Stay will be on sharing basis. It can either be hostel, hotel, or tented accomodation depending on availability.
- A mechanic along with the group to take care of minor running repairs like flat tyre.
- First Aid if required, E- certificate on completion.
- 2 Breakfast, snacks & Refreshments and energy drink for the ride, water refill along the ride
- 1 lunch and 1 dinner (All veg), Participants can upgrade to non-veg meals
- 2 extra cycles if any breakdown with your cycle.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, liquor, tips to driver or any other service etc.
- Cycle hire: We will provide you cycles and helmets on hire at the start point of this trail. Once the trip is over we would take the cycle back. Rental for cycle will be 1000
- Any kind of cost needed for major repairs and spares to repair a personal cycle in case of break down.
- Any kind of insurance, such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation etc.
- Any additional expense caused due to any reason beyond control of Pedal Thirst Adventures and its associates; like change in itinerary due to road blockage, landslides, bad weather conditions, bridge breakage and any other natural calamity or incidence like strike, curfew etc. on which Pedal thirst adventures and its associates do not have any control.
- Items not specified above in “Inclusions”.
Trail Ticket :
- 2000 per cyclist with own bicycle and helmet.
- 3000 per cyclist with rented bicycle and helmet.
- 5% off for group bookings of 3 and above.
Backup Vehicle for luggage : extra luggage of participants will be carried in a backup vehicle
Who can participate : All cycling enthusiasts.
Security Deposit for rented cycle : A refundable deposit amount of 1000 per cyclists plus ID proof photo copy has to be submitted before the trail begins. The same will be returned at the end of the trail.
Additional notes :
- Your luggage would be carried in the support vehicle.
- It is mandatory for all participants to wear helmets on the ride at all times. It is also essential that your cycles be fitted with front and rear lights. Participant opting for rented bikes should also carry front and rear lights.
- The itinerary described above is the planned one; however due to reasons beyond our control some spot changes might have to be done. The decision of the organizers would be final in such a case. No compensation of any sort would be provided in such a case.
- The distances mentioned in the above itinerary are to the best of our knowledge & information. Some minor variations would be expected.
- 15 days prior to the event get full refund
- 10 days prior to the event get 90% refund
- 5 days prior to the event get 70% refund
- No refund within a period of 5 days till event date
Cycle safety & discipline
The cycles given are to be kept safe. Any damage/theft of cycles or helmets due to negligence of participant, the cost will be borne by the concerned participant.
- The participants will participate at their own risk and the organizers shall not be responsible for any loss what so ever caused due to accidents, if any, during the trail.
- This cycle expedition is in a relatively remote region, where advanced, professional medical help may not be available as easily as it is in Mumbai or Pune. It would be the participant’s responsibility to ensure that he or she is in good health, physically and mentally both. It would be advisable to speak to your physician if you are unsure of your fitness levels. In case you have an existing medical condition or disability you must inform us before booking with us. In case of any health problem that you might face on the trip, it would be advisable to speak to your tour leader. The tour leader would be equipped to give only first aid to participants. Any expense incurred by us for any medical emergency / for evacuation for any reason, the expenses for the same would be borne by the concerned participant.
Talk with lead : 9028280766 / 9767933699 / firstname.lastname@example.org