The Konkan coast is one of the most scenic coastal stretches of India. On this unique and fully supported cycling expedition, we will explore the immense cultural heritage, historical and natural beauty of the region, while testing our own endurance and penchant for adventure!
On this tour, we will visit Gopalgad fort, Guhagar beach, Velneshwar beach and temple.
Dates : --
Distance : 90 km ~ rolling terrain
Duration : 2 days, 2 night
Difficulty : Moderate with good endurance
Reporting at : Guhagar on 23rd Dec - 4:00 pm
How to reach :
From Pune : State run buses from Swargate/Shivajinagar. You can also opt to come in personal car. We can arrange car pooling amongst Pune riders by coordination depending on number of entries.
From Mumbai : There are many overnight and day buses from Mumbai. You can also opt to come in personal vehicles.
Ample amount of parking space available at campsite.
Things to Carry :
- Sports shoes while cycling, flip flops while stay
- 1 lit water bottle, extra pair of clothes, blanket while in tents
- 3/4th or cycling shorts or track bottoms, cycling dry fit or cotton t-shirt, riding gloves(optional), sweat band or bandana
- Cap and sunscreen lotion, camera(optional), sunglasses.
- Front and rear lights (not mandatory as we will ride in daylight)
- Torch, hygienic requirements, personal medication
Schedule of the Trail:
Reporting at Guhagar (Location will be shared)by 4:00pm on Friday 23rd Dec.
- 8:00 Breakfast .
- 8:30 :- Start ride to Velneshwar. Visit temple and some interesting landscapes on the way
- 11:00 :- Reach Velneshwar temple, Explore and spend some time at the beach. Lunch
- 14.00 : The trail begins from Velneshwar towards Guhagar beach.
- 16.00 : Enjoy sunset view at the beach
- 18.00 : Return to campsite. Enjoy outdoor games and natural river swim. Learn to pitch tents
- 20.00 : Dinner followed with bornfire
- Early morning breakfast at 7.00 am.
- Start ride at 7.30 am to Gopalgad fort and some hidden places with local lead
- Lunch at Campsite. Checkout by 16.00
- A support vehicle all along the route, which would take care of your luggage, Rider to lead all cyclists. If you are from Pune, we can transport your bike to Guhagar and back. You need to submit cycle at said location.
- Stay at Guhagar in Tents for 2 nights. Stay will be on sharing basis.
- A mechanic along with the group to take care of minor running repairs like flat tyre.
- First Aid if required
- 2 Breakfast, snacks & Refreshments and energy drink for the ride, water refill along the ride
- 2 lunch and 2 dinner. All meals provided will be pure veg. Participants can opt for Non veg meal by paying the difference on the spot.
- 2-3 extra cycles as backup if any breakdown with your cycle.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, liquor, tips to driver or any other service etc.
- Tranport to Guhagar and back
- Cycle hire: We will provide you cycles and helmets on hire at the start point of this trail. Once the trip is over we would take the cycle back. Rental for cycle will be 1000
- Any kind of cost needed for major repairs and spares to repair a personal cycle in case of break down.
- Any kind of insurance, such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation etc.
- Any additional expense caused due to any reason beyond control of Pedal Thirst Adventures and its associates; like change in itinerary due to road blockage, landslides, bad weather conditions, bridge breakage and any other natural calamity or incidence like strike, curfew etc. on which Pedal thirst adventures and its associates do not have any control.
- Items not specified above in “Inclusions”.
Trail Ticket :
- 5000 per cyclist with own bicycle and helmet.
- 6000 per cyclist with rented bicycle and helmet.
Accomodation will be done in Large sized tents or dormitory at Guhagar. The facilities provided will be basic and will be more close to nature. This is for someone who loves an adventurous stay surrounded with farms. Please do not expect room service or camp staff to cater you. This is going to be a wild and fun filled experience you will remember.
Backup Vehicle for luggage : extra luggage of participants will be carried in a backup vehicle
Who can participate : All cycling enthusiasts. Not for riders expecting lavish getaway or picnic.
Additional notes :
- Your luggage would be carried in the support vehicle.
- It is mandatory for all participants to wear helmets on the ride at all times. It is also essential that your cycles be fitted with front and rear lights. Participant opting for rented bikes should also carry front and rear lights.
- The itinerary described above is the planned one; however due to reasons beyond our control some spot changes might have to be done. The decision of the organizers would be final in such a case. No compensation of any sort would be provided in such a case.
- The distances mentioned in the above itinerary are to the best of our knowledge & information. Some minor variations would be expected.
- 15 days prior to the event get full refund
- 10 days prior to the event get 90% refund
- 5 days prior to the event get 70% refund
- No refund within a period of 5 days till event date
Cycle safety & discipline
The cycles given are to be kept safe. Any damage/theft of cycles or helmets due to negligence of participant, the cost will be borne by the concerned participant.
- The participants will participate at their own risk and the organizers shall not be responsible for any loss what so ever caused due to accidents, if any, during the trail.
- This cycle expedition is in a relatively remote region, where advanced, professional medical help may not be available as easily as it is in Mumbai or Pune. It would be the participant’s responsibility to ensure that he or she is in good health, physically and mentally both. It would be advisable to speak to your physician if you are unsure of your fitness levels. In case you have an existing medical condition or disability you must inform us before booking with us. In case of any health problem that you might face on the trip, it would be advisable to speak to your tour leader. The tour leader would be equipped to give only first aid to participants. Any expense incurred by us for any medical emergency / for evacuation for any reason, the expenses for the same would be borne by the concerned participant.
Talk with lead : 9028280766 / email@example.com