The thick forest covered region of Andharban is a real hot spot for Hilly road cycling. The Dark forest (Andharban) is so dense in greenery, that even in summers this place is cool. We get to visit the saltar lake and the views of mulshi dam towards the left after crossing bhamburde village. Plus valley view point at the end of the ride is another add-on participants will get. This trail is designed to let riders enjoy the rural forest covered roads, local cuisine and best landscapes of Sahyadri. The rolling terrain is a mix of tarmac, muddy and gravel patches.
Day and Date : 2 July, 2023(Batch 1) & 6th Aug, 2023(Batch 2)
1. Saltar lake
2. Saltar khind
3. Amby valley/Korigad view
4. Pimpri dam
5. Kundalika valley visit (Independence point)
Duration : 1 Day
Difficulty : Moderate(Good endurance needed).
From Pune :
1. 6.00 am - Shivajinagar (Bank of Maharashtra)
2. 6.15 am - Bremen Chowk (Aundh)
3. 6.35 am - Wakad (Nexa showroom)
4. 8.00 am - Lonavala (Opposite McDonald)
5. 9.30 am - Ride start from Amby valley
From Mumbai: Indrayani express till Lonavala. Bus pickup from Lonavala to start point.
Carrying own cycle :
From Pune : You can carry your cycle in our support vehicle. Ride till the respective meeting point described above and we will load your bikes in the support vehicle.
Riders will be transported in separate vehicle like SUV, Tempo or bus.
From Mumbai : No support vehicle from Mumbai. You can either opt for rented bike or get own bike in car/bus till Lonavala. From Lonavala we will carry you and bike in separate vehicles.
Things to Carry :
- Sports shoes while cycling.
- 1 lit water bottle(compulsory),
- 3/4ths or cycling shorts or track bottoms, cycling dry fit or cotton t-shirt, riding gloves(optional), sweat band or bandana, Anti-rash cream or powder to avoid a rash near the groin area from cycling
- Cycling front and rear lights.
- Cap and sunscreen lotion, camera(optional), sunglasses, cotton socks, and extra clothes post ride.
Schedule of the Trail:
- Reporting at Meeting points mentioned above
- 8.00 am:- Pickup from Lonavala
- Briefing of the ride and quick gear shifting session for beginners
- 9.30 am : The trail begins from start point
- Ride to Andharban trek start point
- 2.00 pm : Reach campsite. Have Lunch. Visit to Independence point
- Vehicle transfer to Lonavala. Reach Lonavala by ~5.30 pm. Depends on traffic condition
- A support vehicle all along the route, which would take care of your luggage, and transportation of bikes. Another vehicle for transportation of riders.
- Biker to lead all cyclists
- Spare cycles in case of breakdown
- First Aid if required
- Snacks, Refreshments and energy drink for the ride, water refill along the ride
- Lunch , Breakfast and tea
- Tempo transfer from respective meeting points to start point and from end point to meeting points.
- Riders carrying own cycles, we will transport your cycles in support vehicle
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, tips to driver or any other service personnel etc.
- Cycle hire: We will provide you cycles and helmets on hire at the start point of this trail. Once the trip is over we would take the cycle back. Rental for the same will be 500/-
- Any kind of cost needed for major repairs and spares to repair a personal cycle in case of break down.
- Any kind of insurance, such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation etc.
- Any additional expense caused due to any reason beyond control of Pedal Thirst Adventures and its associates; like change in itinerary due to flight delays, road blockage, landslides, bad weather conditions, bridge breakage and any other natural calamity or incidence like strike, curfew etc. on which Pedal thirst adventures and its associates do not have any control.
- Items not specified above in “Inclusions”.
Trail Ticket :
- 2200 per cyclist with own bicycle and helmet.
- 2700 per cyclist with rented bicycle and helmet.
Backup Vehicle for luggage : extra luggage of participants will be carried in a backup vehicle
Who can participate : All cycling enthusiasts.
Security Deposit for rented cycle : A refundable deposit amount of 1000 per cyclists to be submitted before the trail begins. The same will be returned at the end of the trail.
Additional notes :
- Your luggage would be carried in the support vehicle.
- A cycle mechanic would be with us throughout the journey. If any minor repair work needs to be done (like punctured tyre etc.), we would do it free of cost; but any major repair work and/or involving spare parts, would be charged at actual.
- It is mandatory for all participants to wear helmets on the ride at all times. It is also essential that your cycles be fitted with front and rear lights.
- On this cycle trail delays and detours are possible on account of road blocks and weather conditions. Our effort would be to continue with the trip as per the schedule; make sure that you would be comfortable. But in rare situations we could have to compromise on the accommodation that we have booked and adjust to these situations there. No compensation of any sort would be provided in such an event.
- The itinerary described above is the planned one; however due to reasons beyond our control some spot changes might have to be done. The decision of the organizers would be final in such a case. No compensation of any sort would be provided in such a case.
- The distances mentioned in the above itinerary are to the best of our knowledge & information. Some minor variations would be expected.
Cycle safety & discipline
The cycles given are to be kept safe. Any damage/theft of cycles or helmets due to negligence of participant, the cost will be borne by the concerned participant.
- The participants will participate at their own risk and the organizers shall not be responsible for any loss what so ever caused due to accidents, if any, during the trail.
- This cycle expedition is in a relatively remote region, where advanced, professional medical help may not be available as easily as it is in Mumbai or Pune. It would be the participant’s responsibility to ensure that he or she is in good health, physically and mentally both. It would be advisable to speak to your physician if you are unsure of your fitness levels. In case you have an existing medical condition or disability you must inform us before booking with us. In case of any health problem that you might face on the trip, it would be advisable to speak to your tour leader. The tour leader would be equipped to give only first aid to participants. Any expense incurred by us for any medical emergency / for evacuation for any reason, the expenses for the same would be borne by the concerned participant.
Talk with lead : 9028280766 firstname.lastname@example.org