Day and Date : 11 July, 2021 (Sunday)
Purpose : Tamhini ghat is a very popular destination for all sort of tourist in the monsoons. What if you get a chance to explore the green beauty of this region on a bicycle?
Rice plantations on both sides of the road, sahyadri range, wet monsoon of pune and a bicycle! Nothing compares to the joy of riding on such terrain.
We will be starting at chandni chowk and ending at Patnus village. Total distance for the ride is 85 km, most of it is rolling terrain with small ghat sections and the major Tamhini ghat will be a downhill. Return ride will be in support vehicle.
Duration : 1 day
Difficulty : Moderate (major downhill section of Tamhini)
Reporting at Chandni chowk (Pune) at 6AM in the morning
Route followed will be : Chandni chowk - Paud - Tamhini - Patnus
Rented Cycle :
If you want to rent a bicycle from us, you can do so at an additional cost of 700/-. You will get a hybrid or MTB depending on availability
Things to Carry :
- Sports shoes while cycling
- 2 lit water bottle,
- Front and rear flash lights (mandatory),
- 3/4ths or cycling shorts or track bottoms, cycling dry fit or cotton t-shirt, riding gloves(optional), sweat band or bandana, Anti-rash cream or powder to avoid a rash near the groin area from cycling, Rainwear
- Helmet, camera(optional), and extra clothes to change post ride.
Schedule of the Trail:
- Reporting at Chandni chowk @ 6.00 am
- 6:15 AM:- Ride start @Chandni chowk, breakfast on the way
- 12:00 PM : Reach midway, have lunch
- 3.00 PM : Reach Patnus
- 3.00 PM : Return journey in support vehicle. Reach chandni chowk by 7 pm approx
- A support vehicle all along the route, which would take care of your luggage, a lead cyclist
- First Aid if required, E- certificate on completion.
- 1 Breakfast, 1 lunch, snacks, Refreshments and Tea, water refill along the ride
- Riders along with cycles will be transported to the start point and back to meeting point in support vehicle
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, tips to driver or any other service personnel etc.
- Cycle hire: We will provide you cycles and helmets on hire at the start point of this trail. Once the trip is over we would take the cycle back. Rental will be 700/-
- Any kind of insurance, such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation etc.
- Any additional expense caused due to any reason beyond control of Pedal Thirst Adventures and its associates; like change in itinerary due to flight delays, road blockage, landslides, bad weather conditions, bridge breakage and any other natural calamity or incidence like strike, curfew etc. on which Pedal thirst adventures and its associates do not have any control.
- Items not specified above in “Inclusions”.
Trail Ticket :
Backup Vehicle for luggage : extra luggage of participants will be carried in a backup vehicle
Who can participate : All cycling enthusiasts. This being a challenging trail see to it that you have enough practice and good stamina built before the event.
- The participants will participate at their own risk and the organizers shall not be responsible for any loss what so ever caused due to accidents, if any, during the trail.
- This cycle expedition is in a relatively remote region, where advanced, professional medical help may not be available as easily as it is in Mumbai or Pune. It would be the participant’s responsibility to ensure that he or she is in good health, physically and mentally both. It would be advisable to speak to your physician if you are unsure of your fitness levels. In case you have an existing medical condition or disability you must inform us before booking with us. In case of any health problem that you might face on the trip, it would be advisable to speak to your tour leader. The tour leader would be equipped to give only first aid to participants. Any expense incurred by us for any medical emergency / for evacuation for any reason, the expenses for the same would be borne by the concerned participant.
Talk with lead : 9028280766