Day and Date : 7th August, 2022 Sunday
The dark and thick forest covered region of Mahabaleshwar is a real hot spot for Hilly road cycling. Being a hill station, the monsoons here are really wet, but it is the best time to explore this region in rains as most of the waterfalls get activated with full flow. Whether you are looking to ride on local village roads surrounded with strawberry plantations, or have a gentle cycle through the valley, you can do it straight at Tapola cycling with Pedal Thirst Adventures!!!
Purpose : The purpose of the expedition is to cycle through a challenging terrain on bicycles. They will cover a distance of 60 km in a day. We will be having a mix of 30 km uphill to climb the challenging Pasarni ghat and 30 km downhill terrain to reach Tapola giving you a chance of experiencing the terrain to your fullest. Cycling will start in Wai and end at Koyana backwaters in Tapola. Riders along with their bikes will be transferred to start point in support vehicle.
Duration : 1 day
Difficulty : Challenging(High endurance needed)
Reporting at Chandni chowk (Pune) at 5AM in the morning on 7th August
Route followed will be : Wakad - Chandni chowk - bangalore highway uptill wai junction
Rented Cycle :
If you want to rent a bicycle from us, you can do so at an additional cost of 500/-. You will get a hybrid or MTB depending on availability
Things to Carry :
- Sports shoes while cycling
- 2 lit water bottle,
- Front and rear flash lights (mandatory),
- 3/4ths or cycling shorts or track bottoms, cycling dry fit or cotton t-shirt, riding gloves(optional), sweat band or bandana, Anti-rash cream or powder to avoid a rash near the groin area from cycling, Rainwear
- Helmet, camera(optional), and extra clothes to change post ride.
Schedule of the Trail:
- Reporting at Chandni chowk @ 5.00 am on 7th August
- 8:30 AM:- Ride start in Wai post breakfast.
- 3:00 PM : Reach Koyana backwaters, Lunch
- 4.00 PM : Reach campsite, enjoy in backwaters.
- 6.00 PM : Return journey in support vehicle
- A support vehicle all along the route, which would take care of your luggage, a lead cyclist
- First Aid if required
- 1 Breakfast, 1 lunch, snacks, Refreshments and Tea, water refill along the ride
- Riders along with cycles will be transported to the start point and back to meeting point in support vehicle
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, tips to driver or any other service personnel etc.
- Cycle hire: We will provide you cycles and helmets on hire at the start point of this trail. Once the trip is over we would take the cycle back. Rental will be 500/-
- Any kind of insurance, such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation etc.
- Any additional expense caused due to any reason beyond control of Pedal Thirst Adventures and its associates; like change in itinerary due to flight delays, road blockage, landslides, bad weather conditions, bridge breakage and any other natural calamity or incidence like strike, curfew etc. on which Pedal thirst adventures and its associates do not have any control.
- Items not specified above in “Inclusions”.
Trail Ticket :
- 2200/- per rider carrying own cycle
- 2700/- per rider with rented cycle
Backup Vehicle for luggage : extra luggage of participants will be carried in a backup vehicle
Who can participate : All cycling enthusiasts. This being a challenging trail see to it that you have enough practice and good stamina built before the event.
- The participants will participate at their own risk and the organizers shall not be responsible for any loss what so ever caused due to accidents, if any, during the trail.
- This cycle expedition is in a relatively remote region, where advanced, professional medical help may not be available as easily as it is in Mumbai or Pune. It would be the participant’s responsibility to ensure that he or she is in good health, physically and mentally both. It would be advisable to speak to your physician if you are unsure of your fitness levels. In case you have an existing medical condition or disability you must inform us before booking with us. In case of any health problem that you might face on the trip, it would be advisable to speak to your tour leader. The tour leader would be equipped to give only first aid to participants. Any expense incurred by us for any medical emergency / for evacuation for any reason, the expenses for the same would be borne by the concerned participant.
Talk with lead : 9028280766