Devkund - Bike n Hike
Devkund Waterfall is a waterfall located near Bhira, in Raigad district, Maharastra, India. It is a 'plunge' waterfall pouring massive amounts of water on the rocky surface underneath. It is a single day expedition where we would be cycling a distance of 40km and a 12 km trek to and fro, from base village along the dam backwater and through forest to reach this place known as ‘Devkund’. A major part of the trek goes through some flat route in the forests with the river running parallel and sometimes crisscrossing through the route.
Bike Type : MTB or Hybrid
Dates : 30 Oct, 2022
Attractions : Tamhini Ghat descend, Devkund waterfall trek
Distance and Elevation : 40 km cycling, 12 km trek ~300 m elevation gain
Difficulty : Cycling - Easy, Trek - Moderate. Overall its a moderate level experience
Reporting at Wakad (Pune) at 5AM in the morning
Route followed will be : Wakad - Chandni chowk - Ghotawade Chowk - Tamhini
Meeting point :
1. 5.00 am - Wakad (near Hinjewadi bridge)
2. 5.15 am - Orchid Hotel
3. 5.30 am - Chandni Chowk
4. 7.00 am - Reach Tamhini- Ride start point.
Rented Cycle :
If you want to rent a bicycle from us, you can do so at an additional cost of 500/-. You will get a hybrid or MTB depending on availability
Things to Carry :
- Sports shoes while cycling and trekking
- 1 lit water bottle,
- Front and rear flash lights (optional),
- 3/4ths or cycling shorts or track bottoms, cycling dry fit or cotton t-shirt, riding gloves(optional), sweat band or bandana, Anti-rash cream or powder to avoid a rash near the groin area from cycling, Rainwear
- Helmet, camera(optional), and extra clothes to change post ride.
Schedule of the Trail:
- Reporting at Wakad @ 5.00 am
- 7:30 AM:- Ride start from Tamhini village post breakfast
- 11:00 AM : Reach Devkund trek start point
- 2.00 PM : Return to base after trek. Have lunch
- 4.00 PM : Vehicle transfer to respective points in Pune. Should return to Chandni chowk by ~ 8.00 pm
- A support vehicle all along the route, which would take care of your luggage, a lead cyclist
- separate vehicle for transport of riders like SUV, Tempo traveller or bus.
- First Aid if required, Trained Riders at front and rear
- 1 Breakfast, 1 lunch, snacks, Refreshments and Tea, water refill along the ride
- Riders along with cycles will be transported to the start point and back to meeting point in support vehicle
- Entry tickets to Devkund forest
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, tips to driver or any other service personnel etc.
- Cycle hire: We will provide you cycles and helmets on hire at the start point of this trail. Once the trip is over we would take the cycle back. Rental will be 500/-
- Any kind of insurance, such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation etc.
- Any additional expense caused due to any reason beyond control of Pedal Thirst Adventures and its associates; like change in itinerary due to flight delays, road blockage, landslides, bad weather conditions, bridge breakage and any other natural calamity or incidence like strike, curfew etc. on which Pedal thirst adventures and its associates do not have any control.
- Items not specified above in “Inclusions”.
Trail Ticket :
- 2200 per cyclist with own cycle
- 2700 with rented cycle
Backup Vehicle for luggage : extra luggage of participants will be carried in a backup vehicle
Who can participate : All cycling enthusiasts.
- The participants will participate at their own risk and the organizers shall not be responsible for any loss what so ever caused due to accidents, if any, during the trail.
- This cycle expedition is in a relatively remote region, where advanced, professional medical help may not be available as easily as it is in Mumbai or Pune. It would be the participant’s responsibility to ensure that he or she is in good health, physically and mentally both. It would be advisable to speak to your physician if you are unsure of your fitness levels. In case you have an existing medical condition or disability you must inform us before booking with us. In case of any health problem that you might face on the trip, it would be advisable to speak to your tour leader. The tour leader would be equipped to give only first aid to participants. Any expense incurred by us for any medical emergency / for evacuation for any reason, the expenses for the same would be borne by the concerned participant.