Day and Date : 17 Sept, 2023
Purpose : The purpose of this expedition is to cycle through one of the most scenic Valley just 150 kms from Pune. It is also known as the valley of Flowers of Maharashtra. You can enjoy the views of Kaas plateau, and Kaas lake. The curvy route to the plateau is quite scenic with gradual ascent while approaching Kaas and offers spectacular views with very less traffic.
Duration : 1 day
Difficulty : Moderate (Ride through the Valley of Flowers)
Reporting at Wakad (Pune) at 5AM in the morning on --
Route followed will be : Wakad - Chandni chowk - bangalore highway uptill Satara junction
Meeting point :
1. 5.00 am - Wakad (near Hinjewadi bridge)
2. 5.30 am - Chandni chowk
3. 6.00 am - Vadgaon (Baji pasalkar chowk)
4. 8.00 am - Reach Satara - Ride start point.
Rented Cycle :
If you want to rent a bicycle from us, you can do so at an additional cost of 500/-. You will get a hybrid or MTB depending on availability
Things to Carry :
- Sports shoes while cycling
- 2 lit water bottle,
- Front and rear flash lights (if you have),
- 3/4ths or cycling shorts or track bottoms, cycling dry fit or cotton t-shirt, riding gloves(optional), sweat band or bandana, Rainwear(optional), spare clothes post ride
- Helmet, camera(optional)
Schedule of the Trail:
- Reporting at Wakad @ 5.00 am on --
- 9:00 AM:- Ride start in Satara post breakfast
- 11:30 AM : Reach Kaas plateau, Ride through the plateau and reach Kaas lake1
- 1.00 PM : Lunch
- 2.00 PM : Return ride to Satara. Reach by 4.00 pm
- 8.00 PM : Reach Pune
- A support vehicle all along the route, which would take care of your luggage, a lead cyclist
- separate vehicle for transport of riders like SUV, Tempo traveller or bus.
- First Aid if required, Trained Riders at front and rear
- 1 Breakfast, 1 lunch, snacks, Refreshments and Tea, water refill along the ride
- Riders along with cycles will be transported to the start point and back to meeting point in support vehicle
- Entry to Kaas plateau. We will just be riding through the plateau and not entering inside.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, tips to driver or any other service personnel etc.
- Cycle hire: We will provide you cycles and helmets on hire at the start point of this trail. Once the trip is over we would take the cycle back. Rental will be 500/-
- Any kind of insurance, such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation etc.
- Any additional expense caused due to any reason beyond control of Pedal Thirst Adventures and its associates; like change in itinerary due to flight delays, road blockage, landslides, bad weather conditions, bridge breakage and any other natural calamity or incidence like strike, curfew etc. on which Pedal thirst adventures and its associates do not have any control.
- Items not specified above in “Inclusions”.
Trail Ticket :
- 2200 per cyclist with own cycle
- 2700 with rented cycle
Backup Vehicle for luggage : extra luggage of participants will be carried in a backup vehicle
Who can participate : All cycling enthusiasts. This being a challenging trail see to it that you have enough practice and good stamina built before the event.
- The participants will participate at their own risk and the organizers shall not be responsible for any loss what so ever caused due to accidents, if any, during the trail.
- This cycle expedition is in a relatively remote region, where advanced, professional medical help may not be available as easily as it is in Mumbai or Pune. It would be the participant’s responsibility to ensure that he or she is in good health, physically and mentally both. It would be advisable to speak to your physician if you are unsure of your fitness levels. In case you have an existing medical condition or disability you must inform us before booking with us. In case of any health problem that you might face on the trip, it would be advisable to speak to your tour leader. The tour leader would be equipped to give only first aid to participants. Any expense incurred by us for any medical emergency / for evacuation for any reason, the expenses for the same would be borne by the concerned participant.
Talk with lead : 9028280766