Offroad Biking from Lonavala to Rajmachi fort and back (30 km)
Day and Date : 20th Nov, 2022 (Sunday)
Rajmachi (Udhewadi): is a small village in the rugged mountains of Sahyadri in India. The fortification at Rajmachi consists of two forts, namely Shrivardhan fort and Manaranjan Fort. Rajmachi Fort is a popular trekking destination.It is a very famous fort located near two famous hills of Maharashtra, Lonavala and Khandala.
Purpose : The purpose of the expedition is to cycle through a challenging terrain on mountain bikes. They will cover a distance of 30 km off-road biking in one day.
Duration : 1 day
Difficulty : Moderate
Distance is just 30 km but terrain is Hilly.
Reporting at Lonavala railway station (Pune) at 8 A.M.
Participants can either opt for rented cycle or even get their own. if opting for rented one, you will get the cycle directly at the start point. If opting for own cycle, you have to carry your cycle uptill the start point in your own vehicle or local train.
How to Reach :
From Pune : Catch Local train from Pune station @6.00 am. If opting to bring own cycle, you can load cycle in the luggage compartment. Get a separate ticket for cycle as luggage.
From Mumbai: Indrayani express will bring you to Lonavala by 8 AM. Do not miss this train. You can also opt to reach the start point in own private vehicle.
Things to Carry :
- Sports shoes while cycling
- 1 lit water bottle(compulsory),
- 3/4ths or cycling shorts or track bottoms, cycling dry fit or cotton t-shirt, riding gloves(optional), sweat band or bandana,
- Cap and sunscreen lotion, camera(optional), sunglasses, cotton socks, Personal requirements for swimming and extra clothes if required.
Schedule of the Trail:
- Reporting at Lonavala railway station by 8.00 a.m sharp.
- 8:10 – 8:30 A.M:- Bicycle Distribution, briefing of the trail and gear shifting info.
- Quick Breakfast and Refreshment distribution.
- 9.00 AM : The trail begins from Lonavala railway station.
- 12.00 PM : Reach Udhewadi and explore. Hike upto the temple on Shrivardhan fort and swim in the Udaysagar pond near base village.
- 2.00 pm : Lunch
- 3.00 pm : Start return ride to Lonavala.
- 5.30 pm : Reach Lonavala and the trail ends.
- A support vehicle all along the route, which would take care of your luggage, Biker to lead all cyclists
- A mechanic along with the group to take care of running repairs
- First Aid if required, Water refill along the ride
- 1 Breakfast, 1 snack, Refreshments and energy drink for the ride, water refill along the ride
- 1 lunch , 1 Tea
- Volunteer support in the ratio of 10:1
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, tips to driver or any other service personnel etc.
- Cycle hire: We will provide you cycles and helmets on hire the start point of this trail. Once the trip is over we would take the cycle back.
- Any kind of cost needed for major repairs and spares to repair a personal cycle in case of break down.
- Any kind of insurance, such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation etc.
- Any additional expense caused due to any reason beyond control of Pedal Thirst Adventures and its associates; like change in itinerary due to flight delays, road blockage, landslides, bad weather conditions, bridge breakage and any other natural calamity or incidence like strike, curfew etc. on which Pedal thirst adventures and its associates do not have any control.
- Items not specified above in “Inclusions”.
Trail Ticket :
- 2500 per cyclist with rented bicycle and helmet.
- 2000 per cyclist with own bicycle and helmet.
Backup Vehicle for luggage : extra luggage of participants will be carried in a backup vehicle
Who can participate : All cycling enthusiasts. This being an offroad trail see to it that you have enough practice and good stamina built before the event.
Security Deposit for rented cycle : A refundable deposit amount of 500 per cyclists has to be submitted before the trail begins. The same will be returned at the end of the trail.
Additional notes :
- Your luggage would be carried in the support vehicle.
- A professional cycle mechanic would be with us throughout the journey. If any minor repair work needs to be done (like punctured tyre etc.), we would do it free of cost; but any major repair work and/or involving spare parts, would be charged at actual.
- It is mandatory for all participants to wear helmets on the ride at all times. It is also essential that your cycles be fitted with front and rear lights.
- On this cycle trail delays and detours are possible on account of road blocks and weather conditions. Our effort would be to continue with the trip as per the schedule; make sure that you would be comfortable. But in rare situations we could have to compromise on the accommodation that we have booked and adjust to these situations there. No compensation of any sort would be provided in such an event.
- The itinerary described above is the planned one; however due to reasons beyond our control some spot changes might have to be done. The decision of the organisers would be final in such a case. No compensation of any sort would be provided in such a case.
- The distances mentioned in the above itinerary are to the best of our knowledge & information. Some minor variations would be expected.
- 15 days prior to the event get full refund
- 10 days prior to the event get 90% refund
- 5 days prior to the event get 70% refund
- No refund within a period of 5 days till event date
Cycle safety & discipline
The cycles given are to be kept safe. Any damage/theft of cycles or helmets due to negligence of participant, the cost will be borne by the concerned participant.
Behavior during camp
Participants are expected to behave cordially with each other. Smoking and alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited. Please make sure a person’s behavior does not prove to be a discomfort for others.
- The participants will participate at their own risk and the organizers shall not be responsible for any loss what so ever caused due to accidents, if any, during the trail.
- This cycle expedition is in a relatively remote region, where advanced, professional medical help may not be available as easily as it is in Mumbai or Pune. It would be the participant’s responsibility to ensure that he or she is in good health, physically and mentally both. It would be advisable to speak to your physician if you are unsure of your fitness levels. In case you have an existing medical condition or disability you must inform us before booking with us. In case of any health problem that you might face on the trip, it would be advisable to speak to your tour leader. The tour leader would be equipped to give only first aid to participants. Any expense incurred by us for any medical emergency / for evacuation for any reason, the expenses for the same would be borne by the concerned participant.
Talk with lead : 9028280766